Wisconsin State Tax Information


Best Practice:   Before booking your hotel, call ahead to verify state tax law compliance. If your hotel does not comply with state tax law, it is recommended that you chose an alternate hotel.

Am I exempt from state taxes?

IBA/ Travel Card - Yes, IBA cards are exempt including rental car taxes.
CBA/ Purchase Card - Yes, CBA cards are exempt.
*Click here for more details on Wisconsin's tax policy

What forms if any will I need?
Form S-211 - Wisconsin Sales and Tax Exemption Certificate
Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement – Wisconsin

Who is the main point of contact?
Wisconsin Department of Revenue: (608) 266-2776

What are the important links?
Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Exempt Sales to the Federal Government 

Are there any additional information or instructions?
Wisconsin Sales and Use Taxes
Wisconsin Sales and Use Tax FAQ link
Wisconsin Rental Car Exemption (Page 32)  

*Updated 4/3/14

Wisconsin State Flower


The GSA SmartPay® program provides charge cards to agencies/departments throughout the U.S. government, as well as tribal governments, through master contracts that are negotiated with major national banks.

SmartPay® Charge Cards are for Official U.S. Government usage only.


T: 703.605.2808 | Email Support: gsa_smartpay@gsa.gov
This is an official U.S. Government Web site managed by the GSA.