Statistics and Reports
We offer statistics and reporting on spend, transactions, the number of card/account holders, and refunds.
The GSA SmartPay® program provides statistical summary information and monthly reporting on:
- Number of card/account holders.
GSA SmartPay statistics for fiscal year 2022:
- $32.8 billion in total program spend.
- $426 million in refunds earned by agencies/organizations.
- $418 was spent on average for each transaction.
- The Department of Veterans Affairs was the top agency with $13.7 billion in spend (which equals to about 41.8% of total program spend).
Purchase Card FPDS Reports
FAR 4.606(a)(2) requires the GSA Center for Charge Card Management to provide summary government-wide purchase account data on an annual basis. We developed the GSA SmartPay Purchase Card Statistics Report to report this data to the Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS).
Sales, Transactions, Card/Account Holder Data
The following program data is provided for informational purposes only and should not be used to calculate agency refunds, basis points, or usage of GSA SmartPay payment solutions by agency personnel. This data has been provided by the respective banks and has not been verified for accuracy.
- Sales, Transactions, and Card/Account Holder Data (FY 2009–July 2023) [XLSX, 8MB] – Spreadsheets containing current statistics for GSA SmartPay Purchase, Travel, and Fleet business lines. Note: For questions about usage of the tool and underlying data, refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Fiscal Years 1999–2009 Card Sales, Transactions, and Card/Account Holder Data [XLS, 10.2 MB] – Spreadsheets containing fiscal years 1999–2009 data and statistics for GSA SmartPay Purchase, Travel, and Fleet business lines.
The GSA SmartPay program generates performance-based refunds for agencies/organizations.
Types of refunds include:
Sales refunds: Based on the dollar or spend volume during a specified time period.
Corrective refunds: Payments made to the agency/organization to correct improper or erroneous payments on an invoice.