Help using the Savings Calculator
To use the calculator, first fill in the information on the left column:
- Current Agency Card Spend can either be entered as a total amount or broken down by business line.
- Average Sales Refund Percentage is the refund percentage listed in the agency’s task order
- Total Contract Spend includes total agency contract spend (not including the GSA SmartPay card spend)
The next step is to fill in the information on the right column to answer the question, “What if Spend was migrated to a GSA SmartPay Program Solution?” As you fill in the information on the right, you should notice the graph changing below.
- Additional Contract Spend Migrated equals the percentage of Total Contract Spend if migrated to a GSA SmartPay Solution. This amount will increase the Future Spend Breakdown and the Future Refund Breakdown in the graphs below.
- Current Grant Spend equals the current amount your agency spends on grants.
- Grant Spend Migrated equals the total percentage of grant spend you wish to migrate to the GSA SmartPay program (will increase the Future Spend Breakdown and Future Refund Breakdown in the graph below).
- Current Local Travel Subsidy includes any amount disbursed to employees for local travel (metro checks, train tickets, etc)
- Current Local Travel Subsidy Migrated equals the total percentage of current local travel subsidy you wish to migrate to the GSA SmartPay program (will increase the Future Spend Breakdown and Future Refund Breakdown in the graph below)
- Increased Travel Card Compliance? (Yes/No) By increasing travel card compliance at your agency (selecting yes), your agency will increase overall travel card spend by 20%. This calculation is based on a study, which found that improving compliance would increase travel card spend that was otherwise done by individuals using personal cards or cash.
- The Spend Breakdown graph equals the total GSA SmartPay Spend for today compared to the future (if Total Contract Spend is migrated over to GSA SmartPay). The future column changes as you migrate funds over to the GSA SmartPay card.
- The Refund Breakdown graph equals the current agency GSA SmartPay card spend multiplied by the average sales refund percentage for today compared to the future (additional values added for each amount entered (for example, card spend, grant spend, and cardless solutions listed under the GSA SmartPay Master Contract).