Fleet managers are encouraged to integrate environmentally friendly components to their operations.
Research Alternative Fuels Vehicle options:
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
- Liquefied Methane Gas (LMG)
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell
Research Alternative Vehicle Options:
- Flex-Fuel (FFV)
Encourage drivers to:
- Service the engine regularly
- Rotate tires and monitor tire pressure
- Get regular oil and air filter changes using the recommended grade of engine oil
- Be aware when driving - avoid braking or accelerating too hard, excess idling, and high speeds
- Remove unnecessary baggage such as roof racks and other bulky or heavy items when not using
- Recycle used oil, tires, batteries, and other vehicle parts.
Visit the GSA.GOV Sustainability Fleet page for additional information on Federal fleet innovation.