New applicants should receive their GSA SmartPay purchase account from the contractor bank within 10-14 calendar days from the time the application is submitted by your A/OPC. Replacements for lost, stolen, broken, or otherwise unusable cards will be sent within 48 hours of the agency/organization request. In the case of an emergency, such as response to a natural disaster, threat to national security and military mobilization, the contractor bank will send the GSA SmartPay purchase account within 24 hours of the request.
Your GSA SmartPay Purchase Account is issued to YOU for official government business ONLY. The purchase account can NEVER be used for personal reasons. Do not share your account information with anyone - only you are authorized to use the account. This means that no family member or member of your staff, including your supervisor, may use your purchase account. Safeguard your purchase account information at all times. Unauthorized use of the account due to your failure to secure the account may result in disciplinary action.
Before Making Your Purchase
After receipt of your account the following steps should be taken:
- Verify the accuracy of the account information (for example, your name and address).
- Call the toll-free number provided by the contractor bank to confirm receipt and activate the account.
- If you are given a physical card, sign the back of the card.
- Review the account holder guide provided by the contractor bank.
Before using your purchase account, make sure you:
- Plan your monthly purchases
- Ensure availability of funds
- Conduct market research
- Select the best value
- Seek state tax exemption
- Talk to merchants