Audit of GSA’s Fiscal Year 2018 Travel Card Program: Report Number A190030/O/5/F19003View full audit [PDF, 15 pages]
In FY18, GSA’s travel card spending totaled approximately $10.8 million dollars. The objectives of the audit were to determine if:
- GSA’s travel card program had controls in place to ensure compliance with GSA, Office of Management and Budget and federal guidelines.
- GSA travel card transactions were properly and fully supported, reported and approved.
It was recommended that the Chief Administrative Services Officer, Office of Administrative Services:
- Strengthen controls to improve the timeliness and reliability of OAS’s process to review questionable travel card charges.
- Strengthen controls to improve the timeliness and effectiveness of OAS’s process to resolve delinquencies.
- Use travel voucher data to identify travel card policy violations and establish controls to address the violations identified.
- Perform voucher audits to identify travel card policy violations and address recurring issues.
- Implement controls to verify travel card.