NOTE: The information below is based on available information from the State taxation authority. Please work with the hotel, merchant, or vendor to confirm the requirements of the specific State. Should the hotel, merchant, or vendor have any questions, they should reach out directly to the State for clarification.

Are Travel IBA (6th digit 1, 2, 3, 4) transactions sales tax exempt? Yes

Do I need a form? No forms are required. However, you must provide proof of federal employment.
Some cities (e.g., Portland, Salem, Eugene) require federal government employees claiming the exemption must provide to the lodging establishment with an additional form.

Who do I contact if I have questions?
Oregon Department of Revenue
(800) 356-4222

*Updated 02/03/22