NOTE: The information below is based on available information from the State taxation authority. Please work with the hotel, merchant, or vendor to confirm the requirements of the specific State. Should the hotel, merchant, or vendor have any questions, they should reach out directly to the State for clarification.

Are Travel IBA (6th digit 1, 2, 3, 4) transactions sales tax exempt? No

Do I need a form? No forms are required. However, in order to claim exemption as a federal employee using a CBA travel solution, you must provide the hotel with the following:

A government identification as proof of being a federal government employee.
Proof that the employee is traveling at the direction of the federal government during the period of occupancy. This includes the reason, dates, and location for travel. This can be provided on agency letterhead or through electronic mail by authorized personnel.

Who do I contact if I have questions?
Massachusetts Department of Revenue, Exempt Organizations Unit: Massachusetts Department of Revenue
(617) 887-6367

*Updated 02/02/2022