The account holder, or also known as cardholder, is the individual or agency/organization component designated by an agency/organization to receive an account to purchase supplies and services for Government use. The account holder is responsible for:
- Securing the account;
- Maintaining records relating to all transactions;
- Using the account ethically and appropriately;
- Performing market research;
- Observing all dollar limits on purchases;
- Complying with green purchasing requirements; and
- Reconciling and documenting transactions.
You, as the account holder are the Government's legal agent for each purchase made with the purchase account, thus legally responsible and accountable for each transaction. You are responsible for complying with all applicable regulations and procedures of your agency.
For more information on Account Holder Responsibilities, download Helpful Hints for Purchase Account Use.