South Dakota State Tax Information

South Dakota

What payment solution am I using?  (Not sure? Click here to find out how to identify your account)
IBA Travel Account:  No, IBAs are not tax exempt.
CBA Travel Account: Yes, CBAs are exempt.
GSA SmartPay Tax Advantage Travel Card Account:  Yes, includes CBAs that are exempt for lodging and rental cars only.
Purchase Account (CBA):  Yes, CBAs are exempt.

Note:  The GSA SmartPay Tax Advantage Travel Card Account will not be available until November 30, 2018.

What forms if any will I need?
Form RV066 - South Dakota Exemption of Certificate (CBA Only)


Who is the main point of contact?
South Dakota Department of Revenue:  (800) 829-9188

What are the important links?
South Dakota Department of Revenue

Are there any additional information or instructions?
South Dakota Hotels Motel Campgrounds Article

*Updated on 06/13/17