GSA SmartPay

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

Am I tax exempt in this state?

IBA/ Travel Card - Yes, with authorization (see additional information below).
CBA/ Purchase Card - Yes, CBA cards are exempt.

What forms if any will I need?
To receive tax exemption, the traveler should also bring a copy of either:
FormAS2916.1 (English Version) or
Form SC2916 (Spanish Version)   

Who is the main point of contact?
Department of Treasury
Internal Revenue Collections Area
Bureau of Income Tax
PO Box 2501
San Juan, PR 00902-2501
(787) 721-2020 or (787) 729-0112

What are the important links?
Departmento de Hacienda Gobierno de Puerto Rico

Are there any additional information or instructions?
Travelers need to send the following information to from the traveler’s official e-mail account. Once approved the tourism department will send a copy of the Authorization For Room Tax Exemption to the traveler and the hotel.  They will need:

  • Copy of Official TDY Traveler Authorization
  • Traveler’s Name
  • Federal Agency
  • Hotel/Address
  • Check-In/Out Dates
  • Purpose of Visit


Updated 3/6/15






© 2015 GSA

This is an official U.S. Government Web site managed by the GSA.