New Jersey

NOTE: The information below is based on available information from the State taxation authority. Please work with the hotel, merchant, or vendor to confirm the requirements of the specific State. Should the hotel, merchant, or vendor have any questions, they should reach out directly to the State for clarification.

Are Travel IBA (6th digit 1, 2, 3, 4) transactions sales tax exempt? No

Do I need a form? No forms are not required. However, cardholders must provide vendors with one of the following:
(1) Copy of a purchase order, if there is an existing contract. (2) If there is not an existing contract, (3) a signed document on agency letterhead authorizing the official government purchase. (4) For cash purchases under $150, the submission of Form ST-4.

Who do I contact if I have questions?
New Jersey Department of Treasury
(609) 826-4400

*Updated 02/02/2022