GSA SmartPay

Missouri State Tax Information


Best Practice:   Before booking your hotel, call ahead to verify state tax law compliance. If your hotel does not comply with state tax law, it is recommended that you chose an alternate hotel.

Am I exempt from state taxes?

IBA/ Travel Card - IBA cards are exempt from state taxes (only) as long as a Government ID is presented and purchase is behalf of the Government except for motor vehicle rentals.  Vehicle rentals are taxable at the time of leasing.
CBA/ Purchase Card - Yes, CBA cards are exempt.

What forms if any will I need?
No forms are required for Missouri.

Who is the main point of contact?
Missouri Department of Revenue: (573) 751-2836

What are the important links?
Missouri Department of Revenue

Are there any additional information or instructions?
Missouri FAQ Sales Tax Taxability and Exemptions
Missouri Sales Tax Taxability and Exemptions Federal Employees and Vehicle Rental/Leasing 

*Updated 2/24/15



© 2015 GSA

This is an official U.S. Government Web site managed by the GSA.