NOTE: The information below is based on available information from the State taxation authority. Please work with the hotel, merchant, or vendor to confirm the requirements of the specific State. Should the hotel, merchant, or vendor have any questions, they should reach out directly to the State for clarification.

Are Travel IBA (6th digit 1, 2, 3, 4) transactions sales tax exempt? Yes

Do I need a form? Yes, a form is required.

Official Louisiana Exemption Certificate forms for:

In addition to applicable forms, Federal Government employees may be required to present an active GSA SmartPay charge card, valid government identification, and either valid travel orders on agency letterhead or one of the completed forms above.

Who do I contact if I have questions?
Louisiana Department of Revenue
(225) 219-7462

*Updated on 01/28/2022