NOTE: The information below is based on available information from the State taxation authority. Please work with the hotel, merchant, or vendor to confirm the requirements of the specific State. Should the hotel, merchant, or vendor have any questions, they should reach out directly to the State for clarification.

Are Travel IBA (6th digit 1, 2, 3, 4) transactions sales tax exempt? Yes

Do I need a form? Yes, a form is required.
For IBA exemption at hotels, please use CBA/IBA Travel Form ST-28H Sales and/or Transient Guest Tax Exemption Certificate (2/14). Under box 3, check “Federal Exemption from Kansas Sales Tax”

Who do I contact if I have questions?
Kansas Department of Revenue
(785) 368-8222

*Updated 01/28/22