Iowa State Information


What payment solution am I using?  (Not sure? Click here to find out how to identify your account)
IBA Travel Account:  No, IBAs are not tax exempt
CBA Travel Account: Yes, CBAs are exempt.
GSA SmartPay Tax Advantage Travel Card Account:  Yes, includes CBAs that are exempt for lodging and rental cars only.
Purchase Account (CBA):  Yes, CBAs are exempt.

Note:  The GSA SmartPay Tax Advantage Travel Card Account will not be available until November 30, 2018.

What forms if any will I need?
Iowa CBA Purchase Card Sales Tax Exemption Certificate

Who is the main point of contact?
Department of Revenue:  (515) 281-3114

What are the important links?
Iowa Department of Revenue

Are there any additional information or instructions?
Iowa Sales and Use Tax Guide

*Updated 06/13/17