NOTE: The information below is based on available information from the State taxation authority. Please work with the hotel, merchant, or vendor to confirm the requirements of the specific State. Should the hotel, merchant, or vendor have any questions, they should reach out directly to the State for clarification.

Additional Information or Instructions: Alaska does not have state sales and use tax. Localities and municipalities may still assess other taxes (e.g., room, bed, lodging).

Are Travel IBA (6th digit 1, 2, 3, 4) transactions sales tax exempt? Yes

Do I need a form? Yes, for rental vehicles only.
Alaska Vehicle Rental Tax

Who do I contact if I have questions?
Alaska Department of Revenue
(907) 269-6620

*Updated 01/27/22