Virgin Islands Tax Information

Virgin Islands

What payment solution am I using?  (Not sure? Click here to find out how to identify your account)
IBA Travel Account: Yes,  only applied when using a GSA SmartPay account and showing an official Government ID.

CBA Travel Account: Yes, CBAs are exempt.
GSA SmartPay Tax Advantage Travel Card Account:  Yes, includes CBAs that are exempt for lodging and rental cars only.
Purchase Account (CBA):  Yes, CBAs are exempt.

Note:  The GSA SmartPay Tax Advantage Travel Card Account will not be available until November 30, 2018.

What forms if any will I need?
Currently the US Virgin Islands does not have tax exemption forms for federal employees.  

Who is the main point of contact?

Virgin Islands Bureau of Internal Revenue
6115 Estate Smith Bay – Suite 225
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 00802
Telephone: (340) 715-1040
Fax: (340) 714-9345 or 774-2672

What are the important links?
Bureau of Internal Revenue

Are there any additional information or instructions?

*Updated 06/13/17