Alabama State Tax Information


What payment solution am I using?  (Not sure? Click here to find out how to identify your account)
IBA Travel Account:  No, IBAs are not exempt.
CBA Travel Account: Yes, CBAs are exempt.
GSA SmartPay Tax Advantage Travel Card Account:  Yes, includes CBAs that are exempt for lodging and rental cars only.
Purchase Account (CBA):  Yes, CBAs are exempt with the exception of construction projects and building materials (see links below for more details).

Note:  The GSA SmartPay Tax Advantage Travel Card Account will not be available until November 30, 2018.

What forms if any will I need?
No forms are required for IBAs or CBAs. 

Who is the main point of contact?
Alabama Department of Revenue:  Sales, Use & Business Tax Division:
(334) 242-1490

What are the important links?
Alabama Department of Revenue: Sales, Use & Business Tax Division

Are there any additional information or instructions?

*Updated 06/13/17