Minnesota State Tax Information


What payment solution am I using?  (Not sure? Click here to find out how to identify your account)
IBA Travel Account:  No, IBAs are not tax exempt
CBA Travel Account: Yes, CBAs are exempt. 
GSA SmartPay Tax Advantage Travel Card Account:  Yes, includes CBAs that are exempt for lodging and rental cars only.
Purchase Account (CBA):  Yes, CBAs are exempt.

Note:  The GSA SmartPay Tax Advantage Travel Card Account will not be available until November 30, 2018.

What forms if any will I need?
Minnesota Revenue Certificate of Exemption (CBA only)

Who is the main point of contact?
Minnesota Department of Revenue:  (800) 657-3777 or (651) 296-6181

What are the important links?
Minnesota Department of Revenue

Are there any additional information or instructions?
Minnesota Sales and Use Tax Instruction Booklet


*Updated on 06/13/17