Need assistance navigating or finding information on our website? Review topics below for answers to some of the most common questions we receive.
Click here for a downloadable version of this information.
- Where do I find State Tax Information?
- Where can I access/pay my GSA SmartPay account?
- Where can I find information on the Annual GSA SmartPay Training Forum?
- Where can I find information on how to identify GSA SmartPay 3 Cards and Accounts?
- Where can I learn more about the GSA SmartPay program and how it works?
- Where can I learn more about the GSA SmartPay Program Certification (GSPC)?
- Where can I find the Smart Bulletins?
- Where can I find the Audit Respository?
You can find information and materials to help understand state tax issues and how they impact agency mission and operations on the SmartTax page located under the About GSA SmartPay heading.
Specifically, these items are available on the SmartTax page.
- US State Tax Map & Specific Tax Information: Click on the link in the US State Tax Map to select your state/US territory of interest. Here you will find the exemption status, key points of contact for each state and appropriate form, if required.
- About SmartTax: Here you will find information about the origins and purpose of the GSA SmartTax and its stakeholders
- Legal History: Learn what the U.S. Constitution says about state tax as well as the US Supreme Court decisions and Payment Liability.
- Recognizing Your Account: Visit the page for information explaining the different card account types, tax exemption status, best practices, how to recognize accounts by account number, and what the physical cards look like.
- Surcharges: Frequently asked questions about surcharges and government charge card.
- Common Questions: This page contains a list of common questions and answers we’ve received regarding state tax.
SmartPay accounts cannot be accessed via the GSA SmartPay website or by GSA SmartPay personnel. Please contact your SmartPay 3 bank provider for assistance with your account.
(800) 790-7206 (within United States)
Note: To speak with a live person, select "Other Inquiries" and wait.
(904) 954-7850 (collect calls from outside the United States)
- US Bank
(888) 994-6722 (within United States)
Note: To speak with a live person, do not press any buttons
(701) 461-2232 (collect calls from outside the United States)
- WEX Customer Service: 1-866-939-4472
Forum information can be found on the GSA SmartPay Training Forum page located under Training > Program Coordinators. We also recommend you follow us on social media for the quickest way to get updates!
- Tweet with us on Twitter! (https://twitter.com/GSASmartPayNews)
- Friend us on Facebook! (https://www.facebook.com/GSASmartPayNews/)
- Link up with us on LinkedIn! (https://www.linkedin.com/company/gsasmartpaynews)
You can find this information on the Recognizing Your Account heading under About GSA > SmartTax page. If you are looking for this information in a downloadable format, the SmartTax Vendor Guide can be found under Resources > For Vendors > All.
An overview of the GSA SmartPay Program, its benefits, key players and information on refunds can be found under About GSA SmartPay > GSA SmartPay Saves!. Specifically, these items are available on the GSA SmartPay Saves! page.
- The GSA SmartPay Program: Brief history of the GSA SmartPay Program
- SmartPay Benefits: Listing of some of the benefits for customers using GSA SmartPay solutions as a method of payment for government procurement.
- Key Players in the Purchasing Process: Listing key program participants in the GSA SmartPay program along with brief descriptions of roles and responsibilities.
- How SmartPay Works: Brief explanation of how the program works, requirements for applicants to participate, and an illustration of how a GSA SmartPay transaction works.
- Refunds: Explanation how refund rate is established, definitions of types of refunds and refund remittance.
Information on who this certification is intended for as well as required coursework, experience and certificate maintenance can be found in Smart Bulletin No. 22. Smart Bulletins can be accessed from the homepage. You may need to scroll down your screen to see them. They are located on the left side of the screen under the images. Click on the Smart Bulletin heading to see the complete list including No. 22.
The Smart Bulletins are found on the GSA SmartPay website home page.You may need to scroll down your screen to see them. They are located on the left side of the screen under the images. Click on the Smart Bulletin heading to see the complete list.
The GSA SmartPay Audit Repository is found under Resources > Program Coordinators.