The current GSA SmartPay® 2 Master Contracts expires on November 29, 2018. The future program is referred to as GSA SmartPay 3 or “SP3”. Citibank and U.S. Bank were awarded contracts for GSA SmartPay3.
As a Program Coordinator, you will need to:
- Coordinate the issuance of new payment solutions
- Oversee the reconciliation and close-out of old accounts
- Coordinate IT resources and system testing to be sure the SP3 contractor’s system “talks” to the agency’s system
- Work with others in their agencies (e.g., finance, contracting, IT) to determine needs and develop requirements
- Obtain additional resources or funding to support the transition, as needed
The Center for Charge Card Management would like to pass along some tips to consider when developing your GSA SmartPay 3 (SP3) Task Order (TO) level requirements.
- Tip 1: Familiarize yourself with the SP3 Transition Documents. These documents include the Needs Assessment Tool, TO Type Tool, TO Guide, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), "Choose Your Brand" video, and an A/OPC Information Technology (IT) Quick Reference, among others.
- Tip 2: Familiarize yourself with the SP3 Master Contract and review the Master Contract Updates Quick Sheet. Many Tier 2 product / services found in SmartPay 2 (SP2) are now included as Tier 1 products / services under SP3. Sections C.3.1.1 and C.3.1.2 of the master contracts detail which products / services fall under each tier. Bump TO level requirements up against these sections to ensure products and services are classified correctly in your TO.
- Tip 3: Avoid restating master contract requirements in the TO level documents. Instead cross reference to the master contract requirements by section, as needed.
- Tip 4: Use definitions and terminology found in the master contract. Using terminology and definitions inconsistent with the master contract can result in misunderstandings during contract performance. If your agency uses another term for an SP3 product / service, please be sure to cross reference the meaning to the appropriate SP3 term.
- Tip 5: Fair Opportunity. All TO requirements should be written such that any SP3 master contract holder can understand and propose on the requirements. This falls under "Fair Opportunity" as defined by the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Subpart 16.505(b)(2) and as found in Section H.12.1 of the master contract.
To assist with the transition process, the Center for Charge Card Management is offering a variety of tools located under Resources.
Contracting Officers may need the following information to complete their task order award documents:
Contract Number: GS-36F-GA001
Address: 800 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55402
Contract Number: GS-36F-GA002
Address: 701 E 60th St N, Sioux Falls, SD 57104-0432
Please use contact information found in the SP3 presentation packages to reach SP3 contractors about their product and service offerings.
For copies of the bank presentation packages, please reach out to the GSA SmartPay 3 contractor banks via the following:
- Mallory Anderson
- Director, SmartPay 3 Program Manager
- Citi Commercial Cards
- (757) 818-6727
- Email SmartPay3@usbank.com
- Scott Helms (email@example.com) at (202) 261-0798
- Visit www.usbank.com/smartpay
Virtual training is offered to all Level 1 (DoD Level 2) Program Coordinators on our GSA SmartPay Training Website.
Note: You must have prior approval to access this training and be registered as a Level 1 A/OPC.
For any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GSA SmartPay 3 Transition Information
Get Ready...Get Set... Go Transition!
General information for account holders on how to get ready for the GSA SmartPay 3 Transition.
GSA SmartPay 3 Transition: Purchase
Information for purchase account holders on how to get ready for the GSA SmartPay 3 Transition.
GSA SmartPay 3 Transition: Travel
Information for travel account holders on how to get ready for the GSA SmartPay 3 Transition.
GSA SmartPay 3 Transition: Fleet
Information for fleet account holders on how to get ready for the GSA SmartPay 3 Transition.