Your account is either considered a Centrally Billed Account (CBA) or an Individually Billed Account (IBA).  It is important to know the difference because states treat taxes differently for each type of account.  The type of account used can be determined by the business line (travel, purchase, fleet, integrated) and the numbers on the account.  Click here if you need assistance identifying your account type.     

Click on the state below where you will be traveling to or purchasing from to find out if that state exempts state taxes and what the requirements are (for example, many states require a Government ID or a form).  Please note that the tax exemption information provided is the most current information as of the date indicated on each individual State map page (bottom left hand corner).  The information provided by each state may change without notice to the GSA Center for Charge Card Management.  Should you become aware of state tax exemption information (e.g., law, regulation, policies) that is different from or inconsistent with the information posted on this website, please contact us at   

If you have any questions about specific state tax exemption policies, please contact the phone number listed under that particular state in the map below. For common questions about state sales taxes, click here.  

FusionMaps XT will load here!
U.S. State or Territory
Tax-Exempt State
Selected U.S. State or Territory