FSSI Office Supply Management
The Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative for Office Supplies Third Generation (FSSI OS3) is GSA’s latest FSSI solution for office supplies. Strategic Sourcing leverages the purchasing power of the entire federal government, reducing costs of goods and services and allowing for better service. FSSI OS3 is a purchasing channel solution that helps federal customers achieve significant savings on their office supply purchases, while also supporting the nation’s small businesses. Designated as a Governmentwide Category Management “Best-in-Class” vehicle, OS3 continues to generate significant spend and savings. Customer agencies can expect an average savings rate of 15% when they order through the OS3 contract vehicle
Additional benefits include:
- Capturing economies of scale;
- Consolidating orders with the new delivery order discounts feature and save as discounts are triggered on individual orders;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable regulations to include the AbilityOne Program, sustainable purchasing requirements and the Trade Agreement Act;
- Fostering markets for sustainable technologies and environmentally preferable products;
- Simplifying data collection and enhancing transparency by enabling agencies to better manage expenditures and measure cost-savings;
- Aligning purchasing with existing agency procurement practices;
- Enabling achievement of socioeconomic goals;
- Providing ease of ordering; and
- Providing point of sale compliance, ensuring that purchase card users automatically receive the FSSI price.
Visit GSA.GOV for more information and FSSI Performance Dashboard on the D2D portal to see current sales and savings.
Maintenance Repair Facility Supplies (MRFS), a Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI)
The Maintenance Repair Facility Supplies (MRFS) Purchasing Channel is a strategic sourcing and category management solution created to streamline the process of purchasing maintenance, repair, janitorial, and sanitation products governmentwide.
The federal government currently spends almost $2.8 Billion a year on MRFS supplies. In partnership with numerous federal agencies, both military and civilian, GSA has established multiple Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) to address this spend volume. The MRFS solution offers agencies a better way to purchase commonly used products. These are staples needed on a daily basis when working on aircraft and vehicles, or even making repairing repairs.
Agencies can order products and access pricing through GSA Advantage!®, FedMall, or contractor-operated websites. In addition, agencies may contact vendors directly or visit brick-and-mortar stores, where applicable.
The MRFS website provides more information: www.gsa.gov/mrfs