The GSA SmartPay Program has continued to grow through increased adoption as agencies/organizations realize benefits afforded under the program.
Utilizing the GSA SmartPay Master Contract means
- A faster contract acquisition process and reduced risk of protest, as compared with a full and open competitive procurement
- Favorable negotiating platform and contract terms
- Awards to contractor banks based on a competitive bidding process
- Established relationships with contract banks
- A broad range of flexible products and services for agencies/organizations as well as, the flexibility to add products and services
- Ongoing support for your agency/organizations
Other Benefits include:
- Universal Acceptance: Because GSA SmartPay fleet accounts are either WEX, Voyager, MasterCard or VISA brands, they can be used at any merchant that already accepts these types of payment.
- Refunds: Agencies receive monetary payments provided by the contractor based on the dollar or spend volume during a specified time period, which result in millions of dollars back per year for the agency.
- Electronic Access to Data: The GSA SmartPay contractor banks all provide an Electronic Access Systems (EAS), which provides account access and a variety of reports for A/OPCs to assist in the effective management of the program.
Specific to the GSA SmartPay Fleet Account
Benefits of using the GSA SmartPay fleet account include:
- Fuel and Maintenance Acceptance
- 135,000 fuel providers have account acceptance
- 45,000 maintenance locations can accept payment under $100 with total acceptance of 500,000 when taking into account MasterCard backup
- Fraud Monitoring Using Level 3 Data
- Program data allows us to monitor and ensure that any fraud or misuse is billed to the responsible party resulting in overall savings to our customer agencies
- Replacement Card Orders Direct Shipped to Agencies
- Decreased potential vehicle downtime by having replacement for lost, stolen, or broken cards shipped directly to the agency
- Real Time Authorization Data
- If there is a problem with the account, the contractor can determine immediately what the problem is and how to complete the transaction
- Receive refunds that result in savings for our customer agencies
- Tax Recovery
- Level 3 data allows for most effective tax recovery